Monday, April 7, 2008

Winters Last Hurrah






When all was said & done on Sunday, April 6, 2008, Bemidji made National headlines with a record 23" snowfall! VERY DISAPPOINTING, INDEED! Plans for gardening have been postponed...I can't even get the car out of the garage!

The wildlife did expect to be fed in spite of the storm. The squirrels dug through the piles of snow on the deck rails to find the seeds, but the birds wanted a snow free area which I did manage to find. The DEER amazed me! They rarely show up before dark, but often graze under the crab apple tree for fallen treats throughout the winter. I managed to get great photos of their snow storm visit, but failed to capture the younger ones' antics as they frolicked in the snow like lambs! It took away some of the disheartening effect of 23" of snow in April!

1 comment:

28 said...

OH my gosh! Sorry to say I'm glad it's you and not us, lol. Today is my birthday and it has snowed here (Indiana) on my birthday for the past few years. Today, though, it's 72 and sunny...SO exciting! :-)